Facts at a glance
- Pharmaceutical supply chain software developer
- All healthcare systems—from hospitals to pharmacies
- Mainly serves US market
- Previously had a procurement deal with Dell Direct that no longer met their needs.
- Needed efficiencies and consistency with pricing and SKUs for Dell computer systems
- Required warehousing and shipping
Insight offered up a Supply Chain Optimization (SCO) solution which incorporated:
- Dell Direct changes SKUs all the time so by dealing with directly with Insight we could keep consistency with the part numbers making it easier for the company to track and follow.
- Full on warehousing laptops, docking stations and monitors so that they are available to ship out at any time.
- Customer reserve inventory for their staff in our warehouse
- Shipping to end-users
- E-commerce online integration ordering
- Greater simplicity, ease of processing, having access to stock at any time, pricing consistency, operational consistencies
- Efficiencies, warehousing, no more long lead times for orders, fulfill end users needs more quickly
- Client switched over to Insight indefinitely
Supply Chain Optimization (SCO) solution which simplifies the process of procuring, maintaining, and replacing the technology customers invest in to run their business.
Change is never easy. Relaying on the status quo in a “if its not broke don’t fix it,” approach can work in the short term, but if you want to innovate, it’s ideal to seek out a new partner to help grow your business at your ideal pace. Founded in 1983, this pharmaceutical software developer had been procuring their business supply needs with Dell Direct for many years in an on-going partnership. The vendor could no longer efficiently fulfill the company’s needs. Dell could never guarantee SKU model consistency, could not guarantee inventory without long lead times, and they did not the have warehousing capabilities that the client needed.
At first the changeover to Insight was progressive and came in stages over a four-year period; not everyone can pull off a band-aid in one fell swoop! Initially the company was testing out our warehousing capacities and eventually our e-commerce solutions.
Once the pandemic hit, and efficiency in the healthcare industry was more paramount than ever, Insight stepped in to offer an all-in-one solution that would fulfill the company’s requirements and guarantee to fulfill the volume of product they needed. The result has been all-around efficiencies and improvements, with the client coming on-board in an ‘all-in’ partnership and benefitting from our full-service structure.
The Insight e-commerce platform was customized for the customer to make the process as easy as possible. The purchaser is presented with a variety of different scenarios / bundles to order. For example, with one click they can purchase a “New Hire” bundle that includes:
Similar bundles exist for termination, replacement, or refresh scenarios.
In addition to being able to manage the client’s orders via our e-commerce platform, warehouse their product, and ship them with improved operational efficiency, Insight was able to optimize their pricing model and save the client from their previous ‘headache’ of having to content with inconsistent charges. Besides being able to provide a streamlined business solution for the client, Insight was also able to offer a less expensive price model for the same products that Dell had previously charged them for. Win-win!
From a fully collaborative team effort that included Insight’s Pre-Sales, Sales, Services and Delivery professionals and architects, this is now a solidified and ongoing relationship. “They consistently order from us every day,” says Corporate Account Executive Matias Leiva Dumouchel. “There are a variety of scenarios that they can do with our platform now that they couldn’t previously fulfill before that. It’s a win for both sides.”