Infographic text included for screen readers:
The Network Imperative
Today’s IT professionals are expected to do more with less — that includes supporting new technologies and services, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT) and big data. But you can’t achieve success with yesterday’s infrastructure.
The answer: a strategic, forward-thinking investment in the latest network technology. A comprehensive upgrade will allow you to manage your entire network, end to end, through refined management tools and centralized controls. And modern features, such as built-in security and user-level insights, will change the way you approach network operations.
A means of business transformation
The network sits at the heart of IT and affects nearly every area of business. 44% of small enterprises say effective network operations lead to improved response with business initiatives.
Network infrastructure teams report several benefits from upgrading their networks, including:
- Reduced downtime (35%)
- Increased user satisfaction (35%)
- Improved response to new business initiatives (33%)
- A more unified IT organization (31%)
Considerations for upgrade success
Begin your upgrade process by gathering a thorough understanding of your network traffic and demands. You may consider:
- The public cloud: 45% of all network traffic starts in the public cloud.
- Team strengths and gaps: Determine if, and where, to leverage professional services to close the gaps.
- Automation: 92% of network managers are seeking ways to expand network automation.
- Improving your performance: Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) technology enables you to leverage a distributed, end-to-end infrastructure.
- Security collaboration: Pull your security team into early conversations about a network upgrade for faster, more thoughtful decision-making.
One option for network improvement: SD-WAN
SD-WAN allows you to manage your entire network, with intuitive, easy-to-use software.
Implement policies and security standards across multiple sites.
Quickly deploy security.
Protect devices, users and applications with multilayer threat intelligence.
Maintain better control.
Connect data centers to branch or remote locations through a single console.
Real-time traffic steering delivers always-on availability to critical applications.
Monitor real-time data.
Understand bandwidth forecasting, network usage trends and more.
Bring new branches or locations onto your network in just a few clicks.
McGillicuddy, S. (July 2018). Preparing Your Network for the Digital Age. Enterprise Management Associates.