2-in-1s: The Best of Both Worlds for Business
With such a variety of devices available in today’s market, choosing the right devices for your business can be tough. Laptops and tablets are some of the most popular devices – each for different reasons.
Laptops are typically the preferred computing device because they allow people to do all the things they need on a desktop, but with the convenience of mobility and flexibility. Tablets, on the other hand, are more portable notebooks built on a mobile operating system. Not only do they incorporate state-of-the-art touch features, but they are very lightweight and easy to carry. However, tablets do not possess the processing power of a laptop or desktop.
2-in-1s are the best of both worlds. They come in the form of convertible or detachable laptops, and provide the functionality of a laptop and a tablet all in one device. A 2-in-1 can serve as a laptop when writing e-mails or creating a presentation at work, while serving as a tablet for surfing the web or doing work on the go. And many 2-in-1s have detachable screens, so when you don’t need the physical keyboard, you can leave it behind.
In today’s workplace, employees expect to have access to the latest and greatest technology in order to do their jobs. For instance, 2-in-1s are a great offering to those employees who are constantly on the go or travel frequently. They are also more cost-effective for businesses from both a purchase perspective and management perspective. Not only is purchasing a single 2-in-1 cheaper, but IT saves money because they have less devices to manage.
Where is your business when it comes to 2-in-1s? If you’re looking for more information or wondering where to begin, then you’ve come to the right place.
Here are some 2-in-1 devices we suggest for business use:
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 – The tablet that can replace your laptop. With a 12.3″ display, Surface Pro 4 has the power of a laptop in a lightweight, versatile form. With the Kickstand, optional Type Cover, multiple ports and the Surface Pen, Surface Pro 4 delivers the power, portability and productivity you need.
- HP Elite x2 tablet – Mobility without compromise. Maximize productivity with the convenience of a tablet and the power of a notebook. Work confidently in or out of the office with commercial grade security and connectivity.
- Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 15 – The ThinkPad Yoga delivers flexibility for business. Its 15.6″ display rotates 360 degrees to offer four different usage modes: Laptop, Tablet, Tent and Stand. Boasting legendary ThinkPad reliability and a range of business and security features, it’s the ultimate multimode business Ultrabook. – Lenovo
- Lenovo Helix Core M – “If a tablet for business use is what you need, but you wouldn’t mind one that you could also use as a regular computer when docked, then the ThinkPad Helix 2 is a sweet offering. The fanless design makes it more attractive as a dedicated tablet device, and there are enough built-in features to make the product flourish even when a dock isn’t to hand.” – PC World
- Dell Latitude Ultrabook – Keep your mobile workforce working with new Dell Latitude Ultrabook. Each new Latitude E-Family laptop can help keep your employees connected and your data protected while providing your IT staff with high levels of control, manageability and reliability. – Dell
Learn more about 2-in-1s and Insight’s latest purchasing deals by contacting an Insight specialist online or calling 800-INSIGHT.