MICROSOFT CANADA INC.
RENOVATE YOUR BUSINESS CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULEs
1. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, you must be a legal resident of Canada, have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence at the time of entry and own your own Small Business (“SB”) that has been registered as a business in Canada and has no more than 100 employees. You are not eligible if you are: (a) an employee or contingent staff of Microsoft Corporation or Microsoft Canada Inc. (together, “Microsoft” or “Sponsors”), their affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest; or, (b) a member of the immediate family of any of the above persons. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children, spouse or common law partner regardless of where they live. In addition, Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible to participate.
2. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. The contest begins at 12:00:01am Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 28, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59pm ET on June 15, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). To enter visit https://modern-workplace.microsoft.ca/en-ca/web/modern-workplace/default.aspx (“Contest Website”) to register for the Contest. Create a video not exceeding :1.30 minutes on one of the following topics: (1) Describe why a technology make-over will improve your SB company; OR (2) Describe how Microsoft technology helps you do more for your customers (the “Topics”). Submit the video to the Contest Website before the end of the Contest Period. Written submissions will also be accepted as a means of entry by following the instructions on the Contest Website. The submission must not exceed 1,000 words, must address one of the Topics and must be submitted to the Contest Website before the end of the Contest Period. A video and a written submission are each considered an entry (“Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Entry per SB throughout the Contest Period. Any use of automated devices is prohibited.
3. PRIZE: There is one (1) prize available to be won consisting of:
· 10 x HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 13.3" Core i5 7200U 8 GB RAM 128 GB SSD (or equivalent)
· 10 x HP Elite USB-C Docking Station G2 (or equivalent dock for device awarded)
· up to 100 Microsoft 365 Business licenses for 1 year (maximum of 1 license per employee)
· 10 x Ergotron WorkFit-TL, Sit-Stand Desktop Workstations (33-406-085)
· 1 x Customer Immersion Experience provided by Sponsor
Approximate retail value with 100 Business Licences is $56,000. Actual value will vary depending on number of Business Licences awarded. Total prize will not exceed $56,000. Any costs or expenses not specifically identified here as included are the responsibility of the winner. Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, whether in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Prize will only be delivered to the verified winners. Please allow eight (8) weeks for delivery. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate entrant.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES (“Submission Guidelines”): All Entries submitted must:
a. Be an original work, created solely by the entrant, and over which the entrant has all necessary rights, title and interest, including copyright;
b. Not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, or defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights, of any third party, living or deceased;
c. Not use, or be confusingly similar to, the brand names, trade names, trademarks or logos of any third parties;
d. Be suitable for family audiences, in the sole determination of the Sponsors. Without limitation, Entries shall not contain any content that is or contains: the promotion of unlawful behaviour, political in nature, profanity, nudity, explicit sexuality, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or is hatefully, racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or objectionable;
e. Have been created specifically for this Contest, and have not been previously published or received any awards in any other contest or competition;
f. Not be prohibited for use by applicable laws or guidelines;
g. Comply with these Official Contest Rules.
By entering, you: (i) represent and warrant that you have the right and authority to, and do hereby, grant to the Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide license in perpetuity to produce, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse, exhibit, publish, post, adapt, create derivative works from, commercialize, trademark, copyright and or otherwise use without limitation all or any part of the Entry in any manner and media whether now known or hereafter devised including, without limitation, on social media platforms; and (ii) waive any and all moral rights that you may have in and to the Entry with respect to the uses contemplated herein.
5. WINNER SELECTION: On or around 12:00:01pm ET on June 20, 2018 at 1950 Meadowvale Blvd, Mississauga, Ontario, a random draw will be conducted from the total number of eligible Entries received. The selected entrant will be notified by email or phone within five (5) business days of the draw. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received. To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time. If the selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly, cannot be reached by telephone within five (5) days of the draw, or otherwise does not meet all contest requirements, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant.
6. RELEASES: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors, their advertising and promotional agencies, the affiliates of the foregoing and all of their respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, should you be a winner, the Prize. Before being declared a winner, you will be required to sign, and return within the time stipulated in the documents, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting the prize, the winner consents to the use of their name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media used by Microsoft and its advertising and promotional agencies (the “Media”) in connection with the contest, without payment or compensation. By accepting the Prize, the winner also consents to participate in a Customer Story that features the Winner’s SB before and after the Makeover. The Customer Story may also be used in the Media. The personal information collected in connection with the administration of this contest will be managed in accordance with Microsoft’s privacy statement which is available at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the release provided in Paragraph 6 above, and for greater certainty, Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries; b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions of, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any e-mail to be received by or from Sponsors for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Contest.
8. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: Subject to obtaining the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for the province of Québec, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate, suspend or amend this Contest, in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice, if any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules.
9. MISCELLANEOUS: Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification from this Contest and any future contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsors. All decisions of Sponsors are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the prize.
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online Entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A selected entrant may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected Entry. Anyone found to be using multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified.
Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify, from this Contest and any future Contest or other promotion conducted by Sponsors, any individual that they find or believe to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. QUÉBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. PRECEDENCE: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, point of sale, television, print or online advertising, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Ó2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.