The Year at Insight
Twenty-seven years ago, Insight started with two innovators out of a garage with one simple goal: Be the best direct marketer of computer products in the world. How? Give customers — motivated by convenience, choice and price — a computer superstore delivered to their mailboxes, complete with value rates, expert tech advice pre- and post-sale, and a continuing relationship with customers. All this came from one computer catalog, a $2,000 credit card loan and 100 square feet of office space. But when brothers Eric and Tim Crown started Insight, they didn’t know the magnitude of what they were starting.
The Crowns thought they were starting a direct marketing business for hard drives. But they had not just started a computer resale company, the Crowns had sparked an entire movement — a tech movement that evolved the company into a computer manufacturer, value-added reseller, and a leading provider of Intelligent Technology™ solutions to help companies around the world run smarter.
This year that movement has transformed again, thanks to the more than 5,000 employees around the world, partners, clients and breakneck pace of technology.
Here are Insight’s top 10 achievements of 2015:
- We announced our new brand.
- We launched the new insight.com.
- We were named to The Channel Company’s 2015 CRN Solution Provider 500.
- Dell selected us as its National Solution Provider (NSP) of the Year.
- HP selected us as its PartnerOne Financial Services Partner of the Year.
- Three of our executives were named to the 2015 CRN® Women of the Channel list.
- We celebrated 20 years on NASDAQ.
- We were one of five Arizona companies on the 2015 Fortune 500, making the list for the fifth consecutive year.
- We were a resource and featured as a thought leader in Forrester’s report, “The State Of The Cloud: Migration, Portability, And Interoperability, Q4 2015,” published Dec. 1, 2015.
- We were in the news — a lot, including an Op Ed in Fortune Magazine.
- Bonus — we acquired BlueMetal.
Without the dedication, hard work and overwhelming support from partners, clients and employees, we couldn’t have had such a successful year. We’re looking forward to delivering Intelligent Technology solutions with partners to clients in 2016. In the meantime, here are the top stories in security, data center, devices and software over the past year.