Insight is firmly committed to the privacy and security of your electronic commerce. For your full understanding, the following statement details our information gathering and dissemination practices, as well as our security measures.
Information Collected to Serve You
- Registration Form and Order Process: To process your order, we require your name, billing address, phone number, email address, shipping address and credit card information. We use this information to process your order and, if any questions should arise, to contact you about your order. In general, we will try to contact you first by email and if that fails, or if time is critical, we will try to contact you by phone. We share this information, and only that information which is absolutely necessary, with those third parties that are involved in the processing of your order. For example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that delivers your order
- Subscription Service: We make available multiple eCatalogs and other electronic communication to make your shopping and purchasing easier. Should you decide to subscribe, we will send you your requested information from time to time. You may unsubscribe at any time. Subscription to our eCatalogs is optional and free.
- ReportCard Form: Should you decide to contact us through our ReportCard, we provide you an optional field for your email address for a reply if needed. The ReportCard was created as a tool to allow users to grade site based on navigation, ease of use, etc.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Surveys:Should you decide to participate in one or more of the sweepstakes or contest that we offer the information gathered here is used as entrance or submission and as a way for us to notify the winner.
- Session ID: Upon visiting our site we will assign you a unique Session ID in the form of a "cookie," a cookie is a piece of information that a web site sends to a browser. If you are using one of the leading Internet browsers, this information will only be stored temporarily in memory and not the hard drive. This is used to facilitate your shopping experience and order, keep track of your shopping basket during your visit, help diagnose problems with our server, and administer our Web site. Upon exiting your browser this stored Session ID is then discarded.
- IP Address: By default all web server log files capture IP address however we use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site.
Privacy of Information
Aside from the previously mentioned third parties involved in the processing of your order, Insight will not share your email address or shopping activity with other parties. In some cases, we may share your physical mailing address with other reputable companies. If you would prefer that we not share your mailing address please contact your personal account executive or call 800-INSIGHT or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For credit card transactions, Insight adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. So, when using an SSL capable browser, shopping on Insight's web site is the safest kind of transaction possible with a credit card.
Links Beyond Insight
We may include links on Insight to other companies' sites. Insight is not responsible for the privacy policies and content of those sites.
Changes You Can Make
- Order Information: To make any changes to your order, please contact your personal account executive. If you are unable or do not have a personal account executive please feel free to contact us via email or phone where we will be happy to assist you. 800-INSIGHT, email@example.com.
- Contact Information: To make any changes to your order, please contact your personal account executive. If you are unable or do not have a personal account executive please feel free to contact us via email or phone where we will be happy to assist you. 800-INSIGHT, firstname.lastname@example.org.